This solar power lantern is awesome! I did a lot of research online and stumbled up it. It was between this and the LuminAid. Luci won because it rated better. Here's what I like about the Luci:
- Solar powered (It has a handle on both sides, so you can carry it, or attach that to the outside of your backpack and it will charge while you are out camping/hiking/doing whatever.)
- Inflatable and Packable (takes up no space when deflated)
- Rechargeable (I recharge mine by having it deflated and inbetween my blinds and the window so it is always charging and ready until I need it) and I know right where to find it!
- Waterproof Lantern (Fine to use in the rain, on a boat, etc.)
- Maintenance free
- It is light (My kids drop flashlights and lanterns all of the time, sometimes they stop working because of it. This won't. That's awesome!
**Here is a great Q & A on the Luci website to answer any additional questions you have about it: https://www.mpowerd.com/frequently-asked-questions-and-information-booklets
This would make a great night light! No fire risk or use of expensive batteries
This would be a great addition to a car kit! I know our flashlights are always dead when we need them to change a tire or something. We always have to whip out a phone and that's not as helpful sometimes. Our goal is to have one in each 72 hour kit so we'll always have a light source. At this price, that is doable.
When else could you see this as being helpful?
*I am not a paid endorser of this product. I just bought one and love it, so I wanted to share with others a neat product that would be great in an emergency or non-emergency situation that isn't too expensive.*